MundiSpainTours presents you with a 2- day, 1 – night tour of two of the world’s most impressive appellations of origin. The Ribera del Duero and Toro Wine Route.
Two enological experiences are recommended:
Finca Villacreces considered as the hidden gem of the Ribera del Duero, a natural space of great beauty where you will know its vineyards, the winery, the winemaking process and its impressive tasting room in which you will taste Pruno and Finca Villacreces.
Bodegas Monte la Reina, a semi-buried winery on the hill with one of the best views of its own vineyards in the Toro region. Tasting of two of its best winery wines, a white and a red.It is a complete offer that conveys our philosophy completely is everything.
Excursion created for personalized services from 2 to 6 people.
• AVE train ticket or half distance to Valladolid from Madrid. In addition, the ticket will include a combined ticket to access Chamartín station from anywhere in Madrid. Saturday way: 07:08 – 08:11 and Sunday return: 19:46 – 20:51
- Official guide expert in wine tourism, who will be waiting for you both days and will have a private car of maximum comfort for your day in the Ribera del Duero, knowing the Finca Villacreces and the historic centers of Valladolid and Peñafiel. For your day in Toro, getting to know the Monte la Reina wineries, the historic and cultural center of Toro and Urueña, one of the most beautiful villages in Spain.
- Overnight in the hotel Olid 4*, located in the center of Valladolid on a bed and breakfast regime.
- Guided tour of Finca Villacreces knowing the different areas of the land according to the variety of grapes. Visit to the winery to observe its wine process and tasting of its two emblematic wines Pruno and Finca Villacreces with pairing included. Visit to Monte la Reina wineries nestled on a hill with its 19th-century neo-Gothic castle at the head and vineyard around it. Wine tasting with Verdejo grapes and red wine with grapes typical of the land Tinta de Toro.
- Toro themed lunch at Carpe Diem restaurant consisting of starters to share, 3 individual dishes plus dessert, coffee and wines (24 waiters and mother of Divine Proportion wineries)
- Entrances to Peñafiel Castle, the wine museum inside and the Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Maggiore in Toro.
Day 1. Saturdays Denomination of origin Ribera del Duero and Peñafiel
Departure by train from Madrid and then pick up at the RENFE station of Valladolid by our official guide who will accompany you throughout your stay and subsequent tour of the city of Valladolid knowing its main enclaves.
Visit of Finca Villacreces, farm with 110 hectares where nature joins the vineyard and where history tells the past of a monastery of Cistercian monks of the fourteenth century with free or concerted lunch for a supplement of 25o to taste the famous grout of Peñafiel and subsequent visit to the castle of the town along with the provincial museum of wine , which is located inside.
Return to the hotel and free time in Valladolid.
Cultural recommendations, museum of the Sculpture of the city, one of the most impressive in Spain, Pasaje Gutierrez, in the pure French style and its cathedral. Gastronomic recommendations, JERO restaurant and Gastrobar Passion.
Day 2. Sundays Denomination of origin Toro and the Villa de Urueña
Pick up at the hotel and later visit to the town of Urueña, the first villa in the book of Spain where you will curiously find more bookstores than bars, with category of one of the most beautiful villages in Spain and highlight its walled location along with its period fabric.
Visit to the Monte la Reina Wineries, underground wineries with innovative character, being in turn the most modern wineries of the appellation of origin. In addition, you will currently enjoy the harvest process and the tasting of two of its own wines, a white and a red commented above.
Lunch arranged in the town of Toro in the carpe Diem restaurant owned by the Divina Proporción winery and subsequent guided tour of Toro, known as the village that overlooks the Douro with its Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Maggiore and the portico of His Majesty.
Completion of the circuit and travel to the station depending on the train schedule available.