MundispaintTours presents the special program for three of the most interesting denominations of origin in the Spanish wine region.The Ribera del Duero, Toro and Rueda wine route Three oenological experiences are recommended:
Finca Villacreces: considered as the hidden jewel of the Ribera del Duero, a natural space of great beauty where you will get to know its vineyards, the winery, the wine making process and its impressive tasting room where you will taste Pruno and Finca Villacreces.
Finca Monte la Reina: a magical place, surrounded by vineyards where the tradition of its 19th century neo-Gothic palace meets the modernity of its winery. Place to enjoy nature in all its splendor, and enjoy one of the best views of the Vega del Duero. At the end of the visit, two own – made wines will be tasted under the Toro Denomination of Origin.
Bodegas Menade, a union between the family winery of yesteryear built by the first generation Sánz in 1820 in the town of La Seca and the modernity of the new winery. Experience that intertwines the essence of the Sánz family with Rueda and the ecological world.
It is a complete offering that conveys our philosophy of everything is everything. Excursion created for personalized services from 2 to 6 people.
departure: Saturday 07:08 – 08:11 and Monday return: 19:46 – 20:51
- Official expert guide in wine tourism, who will accompany you every day and will have a private car of maximum comfortfor your day in the Ribera del Duero, visiting the Villacreces Farm, the historic centers of Valladolid and Peñafiel. For your day in Toro, visiting the Monte la Reina wineries, the historic center of Toro and Urueña, one of the most beautiful towns in Spain, and for your day in Rueda, discovering the Menade Wineries and the town of Simancas.
- 2 nights at the Olid 4 * hotel,located in the heart of Valladolid on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Guided visit of Finca Villacreces knowing the different areas of the land according to the variety of grapes. Visit to the winery to observe its wine process and tasting of its two emblematic wines Pruno and Finca Villacreces with pairing included.
- Guided tour of the Monte la Reina wine tourism complex, located in the heart of Toro, which has an extraordinary and unique environment where you will discover its beautiful and modern winery, half buried on the hill of the complex and surrounded by its own vineyards. The evenin g will be enlivened with the tasting of two of their wines: a white made with Verdejo and a red made with the local variety of the area, Tinta de Toro.
- Guided tour of Bodegas Menade , a clear example of the “ecological” relationship with its vineyard, the pollination garden and insect hotel, the Menade farm and the wine making process.
- Special lunch at Bodegas Monte la Reina, Toro Gastronomic combination of the region together with the best wines from the winery, pleasure made wine.
- Tickets to the Peñafiel Castle, the wine museum inside and the Collegiate Church of Santa María la Mayor in Toro.
Day 1. Denomination of origin Ribera del Duero and Peñafiel
Departure by train from Madrid and later pick up at the RENFE station in Valladolid by our official guide who will accompany you throughout your stay AND tour of the city of Valladolid vknowing its main enclaves
Visit to Finca Villacreces, a 110 hectare estate where nature meets the vineyard and where history narrates the past of a 14th century monastery of Cistercian monks with free or arranged lunch for a supplement of € 25 to taste the famous lamb of Peñafiel and later visit to the Castle of the town together with the provincial wine museum, which is inside.
Return to the hotel and free time in Valladolid.
Day 2. Toro y Urueña Denomination of Origin
Pick up at the hotel and subsequent visit to the town of Urueña, the first book town in Spain where curiously you will find more bookstores than bars, with the category of one of the most beautiful towns in Spain and we highlight its walled situation along with its period framework.
Visit to the Monte la Reina Winery. Its underground winery has an innovative character, being one of the most beautiful and modern in the Toro Denomination of Origin. In addition, you will enjoy the production process in the middle of the harvest, discoveringall its secrets, and learning about aromas and flavors in the tasting of two of its own wines; Castle of Monte la Reina Verdejo and Castle of Monte la Reina Roble.
Arranged lunch at the Monte la Reina winery with the best views of the vineyard and subsequent guided visit to Toro, known as the town that overlooks the Duero with its Collegiate Church of Santa María la Mayor and the portico of her Majesty.
Return to the hotel and free time in the city.
Day 3. Rueda and Simancas
Pick up at the hotel and later visit to the Menade Wineries, discovering the curious insect hotel, the mobile tree technique and the great biodiversity found there. After this visit, a guided tour of the town of Simancas with free lunch.End of the circuit and travel to the station depending on the train schedule you have.