OVIEDO TO SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA 8 DAYS BIKE TOUR
DAY 1. ARRIVAL IN OVIEDO BY THE CUSTOMER. ACCOMMODATION IN OVIEDO.
DAY 2. OVIEDO – SALAS (50 KM)
Departure from Oviedo. Asturian city and the main point of many pilgrimages due to King Alfonso II, possibly the first known pilgrim, who upon hearing the news of the appearance of the body of Santo and took this route to Compostela to witness the event. We characterize this first stage through the unique scenery and slopes such as the climb to Alto del Escamplero and Alto del Fresno. The closer we get to Salas will be more intense because of the way.
DAY 3. SALAS – POLA DE ALLANDE (48 KM)
We enter a mountain stage and altitude. It is advisable to do this step by road because of its complexity. We leave Salas from the N-634 to La Espina and then we ride to Tineo by the AS 216. A few kilometers from this we turn right onto the AS 350 where we can see one of the two major monasteries in this area and it worthy to stop and see the Obona and Bárcena. After passing the two monasteries our final destination in this stage is getting closer.
DAY 4. POLA DE ALLANDE – FONSAGRADA (66 KM)
We will cross the Asturian mountains, so this section will be a little laborious than the last. It is also advisable to make this section by road. We leave Allande to climb to the Puerto de Palo,
10km along the AS-14 road, and then descend the mountain by a long descent to see already Montefurado and end up in the Presa de Salime. From the dam we will run a long a climb with 800m up to the Alto do Acevo, after crossing it, we’ll be in the Autonomous community of Galicia; and from this point we follow the original path to Fonsagrada.
DAY 5. FONSAGRADA – LUGO (53 KM)
The landscapes that we get carried away in this section have no waste, we follow the original path that; if we can not go by road between Paradavella and Lastra. After passing Lastra we enter Fontaneira; in this section we will pass through a point that according to the legend of St. James Apóstol was a battlefield as the army of Alfonso II and Muslims clashed, plus they were found weapons and armor. Once in this section the road will be much easier. Already in the middle of this stage Lugo will be closer.
DAY 6. LUGO – MELIDE (46 KM)
Melide, a meeting point between the French and primitive way. The section goes from Lugo to San Román and from here to Melide. We could say that this step does not have any difficulty. Since there are few kilometers to the pilgrim capital.
DAY 7. MELIDE – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA (53 KM)
We leave Melide and began going through a series of villages already well known in the French Way like Arzúa, O Pedrouzo, Cimadevilla. Lavacolla, Monte do Gozo where we have to make a stop to see the first panoramic view of the towers of the cathedral of Santiago. Finally once we passed all these villages we are very close to our destination, Santiago de Compostela.
DAY 8. CHECK OUT AND END OF OUR SERVICES
- Transfer of the bike to any where in Spain and Portugal
- Accommodation and breakfast in double or single room with bathroom.
- Backpacks transportation for each stage along the way (max. 15 kg per-bag)
- Accommodation along the way: Hotels, Farmhouses, Hostels and Pensions
- MP3 to visit Santiago (historical center / self guided)
Does not included
- Support car / Transfer IN / Transfer OUT
*The BICYCLE includes:
- Bicycle model Ktm Ultra One or similar
- Wheels 27.5 or 29 inches
- Bicycle delivery at the Hotel in León
- Saddlebags Ortlieb Roller classic
- Stock Tools (1 camera, patches, tools detachable short chains)
- Air pump
- Gel Case for saddle
- Water bottle daily
- Collection of bicycles in Santiago de Compostela
- Travel Assistance by accident or break Down, including puncture
- 3rd person discount in extra bed sharing room with 2 adults on request
- Half Board supplement on request
- Private Transfer and/or support car during the way: on request.